Cousin's engagement - Nice trip :)

Today one of my cousin had his engagement. So had to leave to my native in the morning with my father. Here's in brief how the day went..

0807 - Left home in our car with my father.
0935 - Reached my cousin's place. There were a lot of relatives there, whom I hadn't seen for a long time. Its a custom there for the 'men' of the house to go to the girl's place and ask for her hand formally and then decide everything about the marriage.
1040 - So after an hour all of us started off to her place. There were 2 buses and a car to take everyone. I got into one of the buses, and was quite excited as there were lot of my relatives there and I always wanted to go on a 'trip' like this one! The driver put in a malayalam cassette into his player and started the journey.
1110 - Passed Kanhangad. Its a town on the way. Note the last 5 letters ;). By now many people were dozing in the bus. But I was wide awake and admiring the scenery around! And it was raining pouring outside! Guess what?? Only one person in our bus had an umbrella!!I was trying to imagine how it would be if all of us reached there fully drenched!! lol!
1118 - Thadakk!! There was a loud noise. Someone fell on top of the bus??!!Spiderman??!! It woke everyone who was sleeping. Everyone was startled!
The driver told us that just a branch that fell on top of the bus from a tree on the roadside, because of the storm! Haha...Luckily it was a small one :)
1154 - We reached the place - Karivallur. By now luckily the rain had stopped.Everyone from the girl's side were ready there to receive us. We took our seats and were offered refreshments.
1215 - The elders were seated separately. The girl came out with her father, holding a lamp. Then they sat discussing 'serious stuff'. After some time they announced that the marriage was fixed!
1245 - By now my stomach was growling as i didnt have time to have a proper breakfast. Went and sat in the first sitting itself. The food was good, and was served in the traditional way on a banana leaf. The meal ended with a delicous payasam.
1350 - Everyone had their lunch and we left the place in our vehicles.
1440 - Reached my cousin's place.
1515 - Left for home with my father.
1645 - Reached home

Ran into the house and grabbed the remote of the television. India Pak Final!! Pakistan is moving towards a good score :( Hope India will bat better!!

P.S. :I havent simply guessed the time here. I had noted down the time everytime we reached a place, or did somethin.
hf

0 opinions:

 
©2009 Angad's Arena |