My new Dell Studio 15


Im back home now. And there waiting for me was my new lappie :)...its a dell studio 15

Here's the spec:

  • Intel core 2 duo processor, 2GHz/80 FSB, 2MB cache
  • 15.6" Hi-def 720p WLED display
  • 4GB dual channel DDR2 SDRAM
  • 500 GB hard drive
  • 512 MB ATI mobility radeon HD4570
  • 2.0 megapixel webcam
  • 8X DVD RW
It took some time to switch it on as i couldn't find the power button!! Then after a minute's search, i discovered it on the right hand side on the hinge. :) I was doubtful about the jetblack colour when i placed an order for the laptop, but I'm quite happy about it now. The belkin backpack is sleek and nice too. I dont like the normal dell bags which look very bulky. Later, when the power went off, the lappie looked really cool in the dark with the backlit keyboard. Was glued onto my seat with my laptop since I got home. Will be taking it to the hostel tomorrow for stuffing the hard disk with movies, series and games! :D

PS: any suggestions for partitioning the hard disk w/o formatting? with the shrink option i could only reduce it to around 210 GB.

2 opinions:

mohamed hanoosh said...

Put ubuntu live cd and use resize option in the partition editor(gparted).

Don't forget to install Ubuntu

angad said...

oops...now on the comp after formattin...partitioned while formatting windows...
thanks anyways...

 
©2009 Angad's Arena |