Theatre Acting Workshop @ Pune

About a couple of months back, we just finished a major release at work. So I definitely had some free time ahead of me; at least during the weekends. So I started looking for an interesting workshop in Pune. That was when I got a message from Niche Stagekraft that they are going to have a workshop on stage acting starting the very next weekend.

Niche Stagekraft is into english plays. It was founded in the year 2002 by Mr Jitendra R Powar. W had gone for their 25th production 'Candles in the Wind' - a collection of 7 short plays, and we had a great time watching. Some of the plays were really good; so when I reached back home, I registered at their site with my email id and cell phone number for their updates. That's how I got the message regarding the workshop.

So that weekend, I started going for the workshop. Acting is not more difficult than it seems; acting is a different world. You try to become another person, try to think like another person. It is not easy. We were taught different elements of Stage Acting including different emotions, body language, stage movements, training your voice and many more things. We also learnt different exercises for the facial muscles, for the tongue and for the voice. It was really nice to know all these things.

They are now conducting more workshops, starting this and next weekend (from Dec 5th and Dec 11th). The workshops will be held twice a week on Saturdays and Sundays, for four hours each in the afternoon. You can come for the workshop, and then if you wish, continue with the group. And who knows, you may find yourself on stage in a few months.  Their upcoming plays include Taale Danda (a Girish Karnad play) and Rest's Silence.


You can contact them on the the number given in the image, or through the mentioned email id. If you have any problem contacting, feel free to get in touch with me.

Trust me, it is going to be totally worth the time...and much much more!

1 opinions:

Anonymous said...

Its fake . Please don't go there.

 
©2009 Angad's Arena |